This website contains free tools and guidance to help charities and social enterprises get started with impact management. It has been co-designed with over 100 organisations to ensure it is as useful and simple as possible.
The website forms part of the Impact Management Programme, which aims to build the capacity of social sector organisations to manage their impact effectively. The Impact Management Programme also provides learning events and grants to charities and social enterprises in England.
Who we are
The Impact Management Programme is managed and delivered by eight social sector organisations:
- Hactar is a product and service design agency based in London. They work with organisations who make the world a better place, building apps, websites and developing digital strategy.
- Impetus-PEF help develop charities’ leadership, impact management and sustainability. They provide funding and access to a world class pro bono network.
- NCVO Charities Evaluation Services is a leading provider of support on quality and evaluation systems for the voluntary sector and the largest umbrella body for the voluntary and community sector in England.
- New Philanthropy Capital is an independent think tank and consultancy dedicated to helping charities and funders achieve a greater impact.
- Social Enterprise UK represents the biggest network of social enterprises in the UK and is a leading global authority on social enterprise.
- Social Investment Business provides loans, grants and strategic support to charities and social enterprises to help them change the lives of the people they work with.
- Social Value UK is the national network for social impact and social value. They support their members to measure, refine and share best practice in social value measurement.
- The Young Foundation tackles major social challenges by working alongside communities, using the tools of research and social innovation.
We created this website so we could give practical advice to organisations that want to improve their impact management, without relying on external support.
What's next for the Impact Management Programme
We’re excited to announce that in autumn 2018 we’re bringing together the best support from Inspiring Impact and the Impact Management Programme. This is possible thanks to £600k of National Lottery funding from the Big Lottery Fund, supplemented by £15k from City Bridge Trust.
From now on, all charities and social enterprises in the UK will be able to access the following support:
- Flexible grants that charities & social enterprises can spend on understanding and improving their impact. The existing programmes have previously awarded nearly £2m of grants across the UK.
- Free online resources via our websites, including Measuring Up! and the Data Diagnostic. Over 100,000 people have used the existing websites already.
- Networks that bring people together to share what works and learn from each other. The voluntary sector looks different in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales so we will adapt activities to meet local demand.